Monday, June 11, 2007

Alot going on.

New culture,new language, new house, new schedules, new friends, new foods. It's as though God has said redo everything in your life and adjust it to my timing, my location, my purposes. All that we have known has changed with the exception of our God. Praise him for that. There is so much to be thankful for and too few hours in the day to sufficiently thank him. A heart of gratitude is what I have. He has blessed us with a beautiful home and new skills in plumbing that I did not know that I had. Food has been an adjustment here since everything has to be made from scratch. Flour tortillas for you Texans, Louisiana hot sauce for our Cajun friends, and salad dressings all around. PS. Who has a good recipe for homemade Ranch? We found a real treat at the store. Chicken cordon blue! With real ham and cheddar cheese. We have neither ham or cheddar here so this is a taste from home.Our language studies are coming along nicely and our teacher has a sweet spirit. We are looking forward to the more laid back attitude and lifestyle here , but with 5 children, language studies , and setting a new home, there is very little time for rest. Pray for that. We have felt a different spiritual atmosphere here at times, but we are not afraid , just prayerful. God is keeping us on our toes. Please realize how very important your prayers are to us . Please continue to pray that He will bring us people of peace and avenues for the message to be sown widely. We are trying to blend in. It's hard to be inconspicuous though with red hair in this people group. They are beautiful people here with warm hearts. They love Americans. We love you all.

1 comment:

Ms. Janet said...

HI Carrot Top, hope you are better from getting sick !!!
Thought I'd give you some news about your old house.
Mickey and I went over there today to check on it and here is what we found : the backyard gate closest to your driveway needs repair.
we have had an enormus amount of rain and I think the door to the garage from the backyard has shifted because the door closes but won't lock , (I tried).
the house occasionly smells of gas.........I don't smoke so I couldn't blow it up, HA HA .
the flooring in the kitchen, dining area and laundry room has many air bubbles and is very creepy to walk on. (Mickey says you?? (they) installers shoulda left some room for expansion)
windows and doors are all fine. so far. I opened and closed many of them today.

what do you want done with your bed frame in the garage? is it double size?
what about the furniture? it is still there.

You would not beleive the amount of rain we've had !!! HOLY COW !!!
the road here in knob hill where we let the turtles go is COMPLETELY under water and those homeowners can fish from their front porch!!! The L.E. bridge when you drive across it gets splashed on from the waves !!!! If we get as little as 2 more inches of rain they will close the bridge !!!
Your Realtor isn't doing a very good job of keeping the place mowed...... we try to keep some paths mowed.
I just noticed a few weeks ago that your birdbath (Concrete one) is gone. Whoever took it leaked a little amount of oil on the driveway. OHH wellll.
I don't know if anyone has written and told you this info and if you care not to hear it from me just tell me so.
I miss the kids. Danke and Ellie-Mae miss them very much. I can still ask Ellie 'wanna go to Faith's house'? TTHHENNNNN she'll want to go outside !!!
Did you read what I wrote to Mimi?
Take Good care of Yourself and That PRECIOUS family of yours,
LOVE,
Thy Ex-Neighbor
Janet (Blondie)